Thursday, January 23, 2014

Insideout

I want to clarify my last post, while it came off rather shallow that is not entirely what I had intended. There is truth to me disliking my physical appearance, the shape my body is in and my nutrition is not what it should be, I am disappointed in myself for that but more importantly I was trying to reflect on my mental state. Inside I'm torn up, about some many things, how I look physically would, honestly, just be scratching the surface of my personal issues.
In my last post I was trying to express that sometimes, I am really happy, it shows itself not just in how I look outside but in my smile, my eyes, my laugh. I spend so much time lamenting my past and worrying about my future that I don't take full advantage of the present wonders around me.
When I see myself as a failure it's because I look at what I have done, I have done nothing but live, maybe I wouldn't even call it that, rather, I have done nothing but slumped along through my life looking at opportunities and adventures pass me by because I'm too caught up and trying to figure out who I want to be.
I want to be able to make the small decisions, play through the mini adventures and let who I am unfold along the way. The more I meditate on who I am the more I dislike what I see, there is a greater purpose for me, there has to be, because if there isn't what is the point or significance of my life.
In my 22 Years I have done nothing, I have been no more than a reflection of Nieitzsche's "The last man" in where I stumble around looking for comfort and contentedness rather than striving for creativity and ambitious goals.
Now though, now I want to try for something, to reach high and while I have all these ideas I don't know how to go about doing them. I want to see the world through volunteer work but I don't have the money to go anywhere, I don't have the college degree to join the Peace Corp, I'm lacking in many ways to travel in today's society. I thought about biking across the nation, taking photos, meeting new faces, but I don't know how to safely go about starting, not to mention how to I leave loved ones behind.
Does anyone have any opportunities for me, any words of advice to where I can go do and what I can do?

It would all be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment