Sunday, August 18, 2013

Eat, feel, work, love, live...better



I have been reading much on books about self advancement, self improvement, self love and I have been thinking much about my own self love.
The book, eat pray love, the happiness project, the Earth diet, it makes it all very clear: eat better, feel better, work better, love better, and you simply will live better. I feel like there are all aspects of my life that I do not appreciate, do not love, and feel like I need to and can improve on. After all, it’s not so much what you have or how influential you are but rather what quality of life you are living. So I need to focus on every day quality. You all must know those moments, those memories like snapshots in a photo book, something just slightly forgotten but the feeling of it, the emotion still lingers as a nostalgic desire for something just like it to come back. I want every day do have a snapshot moment, even if every day does not beckon a far off traveling adventure. We should all need and want to enjoy the simple things, a long walk in the park engulfed by the canopy of trees and the sounds of birds locking you into the moment, as the hot summer breeze sticks to the back of your neck where the sweat drips. Those walks where you laugh and giggle at ridiculous jokes and chase down small baby bird along the river. I want to be able to enjoy what I eat without feeling guilty, enjoy who I am and absorb the smaller pleasures in even the everyday mundane life so that I feel better. After all, not everything must fall into the tedium and redundancy of everyday life. Every day can be a new experience, as long as you’re willing and open to try. To take the full pleasure from my life I need to enjoy even these small hours, where I’m spending working and sweating myself to death in a job I hate to get to where I want to be, because if I ever get there how would I ever appreciate it if I didn’t have fun, didn’t love, and didn’t work hard on the way there.
That’s why I need to dedicate myself to one goal at a time not prance around from one fickle idea to the next, never digging my heels in, never finishing the job. I need to focus on one project, one task and get it done, no matter how much I don’t like it because there may be a light at the end of the tunnel, and hell even if there isn’t there was a least a small adventure, at least a new experience and something to talk about before I move on to the next goal, the next far off dream that I had always though improbable.
Just recently I have been making a practice in enjoying the little things. While I still disdain how I look and still loath where I am in life I’m trying to enjoy the days I have off, to play, to love, to eat even though I am poor and don’t have all that much money. Last weekend I went on a hike with my boyfriend, something simple turned into quite a story. We broke down a truck, wasted the first day, then the second broke down a second truck, insisted on still going, hiked up to geyser lake, started to fish before it poured down on us, hiked back down and then went all out at a steak restaurant just because we felt like it and because I weekend went so bad and just from seeing it all through by the end of the day we were laughing and having a great time. I loved it, and I hope for moments like that all over the world on day. That’s how I’m working on feeling better…letting the bad roll off of me, letting the guilty moments come and then just as quickly letting them go. My first goals to dedicate and focus on is eating better and Feeling better. While I still plane on working on my physical shape to make myself feel better I also plan to try and let the negativity roll off of me, just come and go and love the moment, love the small things and enjoy myself and do what I feel like doing in the moment, as well I will strive to eat better to by cutting out all refined sugars and trying to eat as organic and raw as possible. Through eating better, feeling better, working better, and loving better I hope to overall strive to live better and feel happier. 


Like the picture  below, they are only an hour away from where I live and yet I never go see the enough. It's the little things that bring the greatest happiness, to slow down, relax and enjoy the people, the nature, and the environment that is all around you. That is a feeling I have almost lost, the awe in the beauty of the world around me... washed out by the media and electronics. (Continued in Blog post three....Untill next time.)


3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Why thank you, I was thinking of taking more photo classes. :3

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your journey! I, too really like your photos--wish I was there. keep blogging away! Write it and they will come! :o)

    ReplyDelete